Online sales are on the rise and have given the transportation and logistics industry a much-needed boom. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, the volume of deliveries has increased. However, problems like incorrect orders, late deliveries, and package misplacing have increased out-of-pocket expenses for senders. If anything happens to your cargo during delivery, your reputation is directly affected. This article will discuss what proof of delivery is and how it can help shippers.
What Is Proof Of Delivery?
Proof of Delivery (POD) confirms that a shipment has reached its destination. You can use a POD in several ways. It is not limited to eCommerce, and we can use it in the service industry, where it is known as the proof of completion document.
Depending on the company, they may use paper or electronic documents.
Proof of Delivery vs. Bill of Lading:
A Bill of Lading is not to be confused with a POD. The Bill of Lading is a legal document between a carrier and shipper. It contains information about the shipper and shipment and has been received by the carrier. A POD is not a legal document, and it is only proof that the customer has received an item.
For shippers and manufacturers, this document confirms that their goods have reached their destination. Companies can also use this document to save on unnecessary refunds. APOD document is essential for both the shipper and the customer.
Benefits For Customers:
- Customer control: It helps customers track their shipments as 97% demand accurate time tracking.
- Theft control: Correct receipt of shipment minimizes the chances of theft even if customers are not home.
- Feedback from customers: A POD confirms that a delivery has been completed. It also allows customers to suggest any changes and improvements in the services.
Benefits For Businesses:
- When deliveries are lost and drivers mark the package as delivered, the POD helps increase the visibility of the order’s status.
- It reduces the costs of refunds, as you have proof that a product was provided to a customer.
- Implementing this document can efficiently enhance your accuracy as a company. It is also valuable in improving backend efficiency.
Q1- What to Include in Your Proof of Delivery or Delivery Receipt?
- The order number
- Seller’s information
- Shipping address
- Billing information
- Description of items
- Date and time of delivery.
- Proof of delivery.
Q2- Is a delivery note proof of delivery?
A delivery note contains a list of all the items shipped within a delivery. The note has the quantities of products shipped by the sender. A copy of this note can be returned to the seller as proof of delivery.
A simple proof of delivery document can make the most significant difference in your business reputation and operations. You have no reason to make it a basis of your transportation operation. It is an excellent way to ensure customer satisfaction, control refund costs, and run a successful network.